This week in drone news: the Evo Nano and Evo Lite have arrived, Christmas day rescue using drones, the new Skydio Keyframe feature, and CES!
00:34 NEW Autel
01:55 Christmas Drone Rescue
02:24 Skydio Keyframe
Free drone registration labels:
Our Other Channels
– PIXL Drone Show: drone related podcast, posts every Tuesday morning. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbeSmbjvE0etKry8Nk2n0CQ
– Pilot Institute Airplane: our airplane channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIgBjGoM-yn_3bH8Qr9xkXA
– Part 107 Made Easy: the most comprehensive ground school online. https://bit.ly/2AkRWq0
– Drone Business Made Easy: start your drone business with a solid foundation. https://bit.ly/3dVT55T
– Drone Flying 101: the perfect course for beginners. https://bit.ly/2XUy3Pc
– Drone Maneuvers Mastery: become a better pilot with these 50 maneuvers designed to improve your flying skills. https://bit.ly/3hkWkG3
– Cinematic FPV Drone From Scratch: build your own cinematic machine with this course. https://bit.ly/37oOfeG
Get Pilot Institute Gear
– T-shirt or Long Sleeve T: https://amzn.to/30CLtBw
– Polo shirt: https://kats-custom-embroidery-llc.myshopify.com/collections/pilot-institute-gear
After a bit longer than a nano-second, the new Autel drones have arrived!
The Nano is a 249g aircraft with a 1/2” (Nano) or a 1/1.28” (Nano +) sensor and a three-axis gimbal
The Lite is a bit bigger and boasts a 4-axis gimbal with a 1/1.28” or 1” (Lite+) sensor capable of 6k/30 FPS
We’ll be working on getting DeepDives for these new aircraft soon!
A fire department in VA was able to find two lost hikers on Christmas Day thanks to thermal imaging on a drone.
Rescuers were then guided to the location of the hikers, who’d gone out unprepared for nighttime travel.
There were no injuries reported.
Skydio has announced their new “Keyframe” feature which allows an operator to select keyframes and the aircraft will create a cinematic path to match these frames.
Once these frames are set, the user will be able to playback and forwards, as many times as needed and at different speeds
“One of the main things that set professional productions apart is the motion of the camera. With the help of cranes, jibs, and large production crews, Hollywood productions do really unique, interesting things. In the hands of an expert pilot, drone footage can be very cinematic,” said Skydio CEO, Adam Bry. “KeyFrame makes this capability accessible to a new wave of creators. Hollywood quality cinematography, available anywhere, anytime.”