This week in drone news, Two years of news, updates on the Mavic 3 from our friends at DroneXL, The FAA has released the site to search for remote ID and category two and three drones, Sony’s patent application on a noise-canceling drone, I40 bridge fracture missed by drone inspection, and next week we’ll be on the road!
01:35 Mavic 3 rumors, leaks, and updates
17:44 FAA Site for MOC and DOC status
20:08 Sony noise cancelling drones
20:12 Bridge crack missed in drone inspection
22:37 Upcoming event – We’re on the road.
New free course!
Want to learn about the DJI Air 2S? We’ve got the perfect course for you! Over 3 hours of content where you will learn the ins and outs of the new Air 2S.
Our Other Channels
– PIXL Drone Show: drone-related podcast, posts every Tuesday morning. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbeSmbjvE0etKry8Nk2n0CQ
– Pilot Institute Airplane: our airplane channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIgBjGoM-yn_3bH8Qr9xkXA
– Part 107 Made Easy: the most comprehensive ground school online. https://bit.ly/2AkRWq0
– Drone Business Made Easy: start your drone business with a solid foundation. https://bit.ly/3dVT55T
– Drone Flying 101: the perfect course for beginners. https://bit.ly/2XUy3Pc
– Drone Maneuvers Mastery: become a better pilot with these 50 maneuvers designed to improve your flying skills. https://bit.ly/3hkWkG3
– Cinematic FPV Drone From Scratch: build your own cinematic machine with this course. https://bit.ly/37oOfeG
Get Pilot Institute Gear
– T-shirt or Long Sleeve T: https://amzn.to/30CLtBw
– Polo shirt: https://kats-custom-embroidery-llc.myshopify.com/collections/pilot-institute-gear
For the latest on the Mavic 3 rumors and leaks, head over to our friends at DroneXL!
The FAA has released the website to search for both Remote ID and operations over people means of compliance and declaration of compliance. MOC and DOC
Sony has applied for a patent for drones that can surround and cancel out ambient noise. The goal is to mimic an indoor environment using noise-canceling drones and create a “virtual noise barrier”. This system would use audio equipment to sense and cancel ambient sound around the desired area.
The I40 bridge over the Mississippi, now closed, was inspected via drone in 2019. Inspectors missed the crack in the beam in 2019 despite drone video evidence. The Inspector has since been fired by ArDOT. Bridge inspection of I55 will be performed by Tennessee DOT drone to restore the confidence of drivers.
Next week we’re on the road in Texas! We’ll be attending the Texas Public Safety Response Robot Summit in Burnet. The summit is a public safety-focused event with industry professionals such as Autel, Skydio, DJI, Parrot, and DroneSense.
Greg and Jason will be hosting a student meet up on Monday, May 24th in North Austin. Check out our Facebook page for more details!